Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tea for Three

.


Smoked Salmon Pinwheels

We're a family that likes it's tea, as well as appetizers and other nibble-worthy foods, so it only makes sense to serve tea for dinner.




My dining room is the worst room for taking pictures, I'm afraid.

But, I set out several kinds of finger sandwiches, including the smoked salmon pinwheels above: sliced bread, rolled thin and spread with butter (we used Irish, because 1. it's Irish and B. it's rich and creamy and yum), a mixture of parsley and dill leaves, smoked salmon, salt & pepper and a dash of lemon juice, rolled, wrapped in plastic and chilled for a few hours, cut & served.


Avocado Bacon Sandwiches

Wheat bread, spread with butter, then avocado mashed with pepper and lemon juice, and topped with crumbled bacon. Veggie bacon worked quite well, too.




Lovely, light & airy scones. Sauternes jelly with thyme went very well with them.



Egg salad, yes...but I've taken to running the eggs through a ricer for a really soft, spreadable, texture.



Alex gets his own...PB & J and cheese.



A dense & spicy ginger cake, topped with stem ginger, to finish up. Served with a wonderful almond tea, it was a perfect evening.







You're invited to another Blog Party...and for June, we don't care if it does melt in our hands, because we're having a Chocolate party!

It's the final day to RSVP, so get those chocolate appetizers and beverages (note the 'and': a drink of some kind, alcoholic or not, is required) to me no later than TODAY!, Thursday, 19 June...hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Everything looks wonderful, but I simply *must* have the recipe for the ginger cake. :D

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Arundathi said...

what a great idea - tea for dinner!!

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

I love tea and the goodies that come with it! Having tea for dinner is such a great idea!

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Sophie said...

What delicious and cute little sandwiches. I've been wanting to host a tea party, but all my friends left town after they graduated...thankfully, I'm about to move to Boston in about a month; I figure then will be the appropriate time to have a tea party - a Boston tea party :D.

Hope you get to feeling better soon! Colds are such a drag, especially in the summer!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger A_and_N said...

What a treat! I especially LOVED the scones. And yes, tea for dinner is a very intriguing idea :)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Erin, I will get that out to you this week. Although I imagine you'll be too busy for a while to actually Make it!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

arundathi; thanks. what I need is more of friends living nearby, I'd happily have them over for tea at least once a week!

As is, my guys have to deal with my tea issues...

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb; tea is just so....nice. I suppose I'm adopted the 'take it when you can get it' attitude about tea!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sophie...tea in Boston! Brilliant!

We have a lovely tea house here in Kville; but I've no one to go with, either. So I either make Matt take off half a day of work, or do it at home.

Have fun in Boston...and thanks, I'm almost entirely better now!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

A&n, thank you! You should definitely try it sometime, it's just fun...yet relaxing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker