Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BBM Package has Arrived...and I'm a Tim Tams Convert.

.



For me, the weirdest part of Blogging by Mail is selecting the blogger who will send something to me.

I could play favorites, but I don't. I try to be fair, and match everyone based on compatibility. It's still strange, though, to tell someone "send me stuff!"...

This time, I matched myself with Cakelaw, in Australia. And a what a good match it was!




Cakelaw & I are soul sisters, at least when it comes to food. Just look at what was inside my fabulous package!

Starting at the top, from one tea lover to another, gorgeous 'blossoming' tea buds, which are supposed to bring happiness. Well, of course! Flowers & tea? Perfect.

Next, Tim Tams. Tim Tams! I'm in love. These things are amazing. Matt & I had some last night, and agreed these chocolatly cookies are really, really good. Which is why I should hide them away...!
I've not yet tasted the Fruit Tingles, but Alex informed me, over breakfast, that we would be trying these this evening.

Koala's and frogs...in chocolate form! I've had these adorable sweets before, but that doesn't mean I don't want more. And...they're just so cute. Plus, I love caramel.

An enormous, hazelnutty, cookie. This thing? Bigger than my hand. Granted, I have small hands, but still.
And wow...can you taste them. Delicious. So delicious, in fact, that I decided to ignore the three or four hundred calories 1/3 of that cookie added to my daily total! Yum, seriously.

A beautiful postcard, showing sights of Australia...it's a country I've long wanted to visit, even before I became friends with a girl at college who hailed from there. One day, I promise...

How did she know? If I have a junk food weakness, it's for crunchy cheesy things! And these Twists are really good...

It didn't photograph well, but Cakelaw also included some very old-timey, and classic, Australian recipes. I can't wait to try these out.

You can never, ever, go wrong with chocolate-covered nuts. So this lovely box of chocolate-coated macadamia nuts? In peril.

Finally, she sent along a CD from Crowded House, a favorite of hers (well, wasn't that the point?). We listened to it during breakfast this morning, and I mentioned to Matt just how many songs of theirs I knew, but had forgotten. Really good stuff.

Cakelaw, this was a wonderful package...I love EVERYTHING in it. Thank you so much for sharing your favorites with me, and for being a part of BBM!



Tagged with: + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a Fiji/Aussie/NZ store near us in San Leandro, CA, so will have to try the TimTams soon! I've seen them there, and have tried the chippies before, very tasty.

wish I was a food blogger so I could participate! looks like lots of fun for everyone.

The Aussie cookery book looks great too.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Mmmmmmmmm Tim Tams = HEAVEN!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger daphne said...

oh wow! Do organize another one soon ... i want to participate! It will be exciting gathering up the goodies to send over to.

Tim tams are great. I'm a convert of them as well being in Aus. They kept coming up with different flavors (chilli, strawberry..etc) but I reckon that the Dark choc tim tams are my ultimate fav! =)

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Yes! Another Tim Tam's convert! You'll miss them when they're gone... And you have to make sure to do a Tim Tam Slam: bite off opposing corners of the Tim Tam, stick one end in hot chocolate or coffee or tea, (or some hot beverage) and suck it up through the other end. But as soon as the hot liquid reaches your lips, you have to shove the whole thing in your mouth or else it will disintegrate... You'll love it, I promise!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Katherine!!!!

Ooh...you're making me miss California all over again. Matt and I often sit around and play the 'remember when we used to go/shop/eat' game. Sigh. The marina, redwoods, Ranch 99, Isobune, Barney's...

It is fun! Hey, you're a foodie, and a trained one, at that. Maybe you should start a blog!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie; after almost a year of reading other posts about Tim Tams, I finally got some! Love 'em.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Daphne!

I hope we can do another round, but since I've learned the US Postal service has discontinued all low-cost & surface mail options for International shipping, I'll have to think long & hard about it. Mailing those packages has put quite a dent in our American wallets!

Sounds like the Aussies play around with Tim Tam flavors the way the Japanese do Kit Kats!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Brilynn!

you know, I think I remember you talking about the Tim Tam Slam before. I mentioned it to Matt, and he's more than a little intrigued...we may try that this weekend!

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,

A lurker, slowly making my way through your archives, I saw this post and had to comment. I'm Australian, and last month, for Breast Cancer Awareness month Arnotts released (for the second year running) Pink Wish Tim Tams. Same choc coated biscuit, but with a strawberry cream centre, with a chewy strawberry caramel-like sauce down the centre of the cream.

I'm tempted to start my own food blog, just so I can join in with blog party, and rest assured, were I ever to sign up for a BBM, and get you, I'd send you all the different Tim Tam flavours I could find. (Past favourites of mine being Jaffa (choc/orange), and vanilla toffee... ooh, and dark chocolate and raspberry. It's hard being on a diet with so many Tim Tams around!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hello, Susan!

(I'm suddenly getting Coupling flashbacks...Susan & Australia!)

Thanks for reading, but even more so for commenting...I love hearing from those who stop by.

Oh, hang on here...Arnotts are the Tim Tams people?? Seriously? Because we found a package of chocolate-coated biscuits that looked suspiciously like Tim Tams, but going by the name Arnotts, at a CostPlus World Market a few weeks back.
Oh, my god. This could be dangerous!

You should most definitely start a blog! Of course, I selfishly say that so you can be a Blog Party-er, but also because it's great fun. You learn so much, you meet so many amazing people, and it can be fun to show off your culinary achievements now and then, you know?

If Tim Tams were as readily available here as Oreo's...well, I'd definitely go up a pants size. They may truly be one of the greatest confections on the planet!

Hooray for the Aussies, I say!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker